Important Reminders from Mr. Kurtz:
- Open House is Scheduled for September 9th starting at 6 pm.
- ALL students received agenda books on the first day of school. These books include the “Knightbook” which has important information about everything at WHMS. Please read through this book and review it with your child.
- myschoolbucks.com will allow you to put money on your child’s lunch account online. Please make sure your child has a lunch or money to purchase one. We do not have a loan or credit system for food service.
- Forms, forms, FORMS! I know you are inundated with school forms this time of year. Please take the time to read and respond to the appropriate forms. These are one of the ways we communicate important information and gather important information from you to ensure the safety and well-being of your child.
- In that same vein, if you haven’t done so, take the time to register for School Messenger. The directions are below. This is yet another way we get important information to our community and families.
The process of updating contact information for School Messenger and Home Access Center (HAC) is changing. Instead of logging into both applications to make changes to email addresses and phone numbers, individuals will only have to manage their contact information in one system, HAC. Changes made in HAC will automatically update the contact information for School Messenger for email, voice, and text notifications from the school and district. School Messenger’s Contact Manager will no longer be used by guardians and students.
Beginning with the 2015-16 school year, CCPS will use a new system called Info Center for parents and students to select their messaging preferences for School Messenger. Info Center will enable each guardian and student to maintain their own individual accounts.
So what do parents and students need to do now?
Each student and guardian needs to login to their HAC account and update their contact information. This will help ensure a seamless transition this summer to the new system. Remember, each guardian and secondary student has his/her own account and each account should be updated. To update your contact information, please login to HAC, then click on Registration. Scroll down to Contacts and click Edit on the right. At the top, guardians may see information for their student. If your student has a valid email address or contact phone numbers, please enter them here. Underneath your student’s information, you will see your name listed under Guardian. It is critical that a valid email address and updated phone numbers are attached to your account in the Guardian section. The email address entered in HAC will serve as your username for Info Center.
The following contact information in HAC will be exported to School Messenger’s Info Center:
- Email – defaults to receive email messages
- Home – defaults to receive phone calls only
- Cell – defaults to receive phone calls and text messages
- Cell2 – defaults to receive phone calls and text messages
- Work – will not receive any messages by default
Guardians/students will be able to change the default settings in Info Center. More information will follow.
As a reminder, HAC account credentials follow users throughout their child’s career with CCPS—you will use the same login and password information until your child graduates. If you haven’t yet customized your HAC password, please do so by logging into your HAC account, hovering over your name in the top right corner, and selecting My Account. On this page, you can change your password and add/edit your challenge questions as needed.
If you are unable to access your HAC account, please contact our main office at 410-257-1560.