What is Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)?
- PBIS is a research-based, school-wide systems approach to improve school climate and create safer and more effective schools.
- PBIS focuses on improving a school’s ability to teach expectations and support positive behavior for all students.
- PBIS provides systems for schools to design, implement, and evaluate effective school wide, classroom, non-classroom, and student-specific discipline plans.
- PBIS is a team-based process for data review, data-based problem solving and intervention, ongoing planning, and monitoring of interventions.
- PBIS implementation includes school-wide procedures and processes intended for: ALL students, ALL staff and in ALL settings. This includes individual classrooms and teachers AND non-classroom settings and related staff.
Calvert County Public Schools: Eliminate Bullying, Harassment, and Intimidation http://www.calvertnet.k12.md.us/departments/studentsvcs/bullying.asp
All students at WHMS took a pledge to stop Bullying!! Check out the pledge: WHMS Anti-Bullying Pledge
Before we speak, we need to THINK:
|| - Is it true?
||- Is it helpful?
||- Is it inspiring?
||- Is it necessary?
||- Is it kind?